- Ndira, S., Ssebadduka, D., Niyonzima, N., Sewankambo, N.K., Royall, J. Tackling Malaria in Mifumi Village: A Report on a Concerted Effort by Healthcare Providers, the Community, and Information Experts. African Health Sciences, Vol 15, No 1 (2015)
- Royall, J. and Lyon, B. Sea-change or Change Challenge? Health Information Access in Developing Countries. The U.S. National Library of Medicine Experience. African Health Sciences, September 2011.
- Siegel, E.R., Royall, J., Scott, J.C. (2010). The Revolution in Electronic Communication and Public Health, Oxford Textbook of Public Health, Fifth Edition.
- Royall, J. Strategies for Positive Outcomes: Can Information Technology Make a Difference in Health in Africa. in Strategy for the Future of Health, R.G. Bushko (Ed.). lOS Press, 2009.
- Siegel, E.R.,Wood, F.B.. Scott, J.C., Royall, J. Web-based public health information dissemination and evaluation, Oxford Textbook of Public Health, Fifth Edition 2009.
- Royall, J., Bennett, M., van Schayk, I., Kamau, N., Alilio, M. (2005). Crossing the digital divide: the contribution of information technology to the professional performance of malaria researchers in Africa. African Health Sciences, 5, 3, 246-254.
- Royall, J. (2005). Faces of Change. American Journal of Public Health, 95, 4, 559-561.
- Royall, J., Bennett, M., van Schayk, I., Alilio, M. (2004). Tying up Lions: the first chapter of a malaria research communications network in Africa. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, 7 (Suppl 2), 259-267.
- Royall, J. (2003). David Ofori-Adjei – building bridges for health care and research in Ghana (interview). The Lancet Infectious Diseases, 3, 4, 251-254.
- Siegel, E.R., Royall, J., Scott, J.C. (2001). The Revolution in Electronic Communication and Public Health, Oxford Textbook of Public Health, Fourth Edition.
- Royall, J., Siegel, E.R., and Bennett, M. (2001). Wires, Webs, and MIMcom.Net. African Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences. 30: 59-63.
- Royall, J., Sadowsky, G. (2000). Report on a Colloquium on Sustainability and Access to Health Information: Critical Assessment of Practical Uses of Information Technology in the Developing World. Harvard School of Public Health, May 31, 2000.
Presentations by Julia Royall
- The Journalist, the Germ, the Test Tube and the Public
Presented May 21, 2008 to Uganda Health Communication Alliance, Kampala
- The Change Challenge of Information-Technology Infrastructure: Are there positive outcomes or is everything just louder and faster?
Presented May 19, 2008 at Keystone Syposium on Challenges of Enhancing Biomedical Infrastructure in Africa, Speke Resort & Conference Center, Kampala
- May 8, Kampala, Genes and Genomes in the Tropics
- NLM's Commitment to MIM: Past, Present, Future
Presented March 10, 2008 to Multilateral Initiative on Malaria/Tropical Disease Research task force on malaria research capability strengthening in Africa at Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- February 20, Gulu University Faculty of Medicine
- Abstract of May 15 Presentation for Keystone Symposia
- December 18, 2007 Presentation to NIH & NLM Staff at Lister Hill Center, Bethesda, MD
On-Line Health Information Training Sessions
- Poster for Training Sessions (customizable PDF)
- A Report on Information Literacy Training Sessions, March-April 2008
- A Report on Information Literacy Training Sessions, February 2008
- List of Participants 3/14/2008 at MUJHU Conference Hall
- List of Participants 2/23/2008 at Albert Cook Medical Library
Gulu, March 2008:
- Presentation: Workshop Objectives, Felix Kaducu
- Presentation: Internet and research in Gulu University: the role of Library and Information Services, Raphael Aregu
- Presentation: Medical Resources
- Presentation: Mental Health & Internal Displacement in Northern Uganda, Thomas Oyok
- Presentation: Mentorship in Research, Geoffrey Lamtoo
- Presentation: Paid Resources
- Presentation: Innovation in Research: Ecosystem Approach Context, Prof. Joseph Okello-Onen
- Presentation: Proposal Writing for Competitive Grant Systems, Prof. Joseph Okello-Onen
- Presentation: Publication Skills, Dr. Emilio Ovuga
- Presentation: Research Approval Guidelines and Policy by UNCST, Dr. Emilio Ovuga
- Presentation: Resource Mobilization, Prof. Joseph Okello-Onen
- Presentation: Guidelines for Clinical Trials in Uganda, Jasper Ogwal-Okeng
- Presentation: Research Ethics, Jasper Ogwal-Okeng
- Presentation: Assessing the Impact of Agricultural Practices on Malaria through an Ecosystem -- Health Approach, Prof. Joseph Okello-Onen and Uganda SIDA Team
- April 15, 2008 Meeting
- March 19, 2008 Meeting
- Presentation: COBES, A Learning Strategy
- Minutes from March 19 COBES Meeting in Mulago (MS Word)
- Detailed Narrative of March 19 COBES Meeting in Mulago (MS Word)
- Presentation by Dr. Isaac Okullo
- Presentation: Why COBES? from Dr. Isaac Okullo
- WHO Slides from 2006 World Health Report from Dr. Isaac Okullo
- Presentation: Welcome to Mifumi Health Centre sent by Simon Ndira
- Presentation: Mifumi sent by Simon Ndira
- Background on COBES by Dr. Andrew Mwanika
- Mifumi Organizational Chart (PDF)
- Mifumi Organizational Chart (MS Excel)
- Mifumi Report Final (RTF) May 2008
- Final Report on Mifumi Malaria Project (PDF)
- E-mails between Julia Royall and Glyn Turner re Mifumi Project (PDF)
- Letter from Julia Royall re Mifumi project 1-8-08 (MS Word DOC)
- January Minutes - edited by health team (PDF)
- Mifumi Baseline Survey (PDF)
- Variables - Mifumi project meeting (PDF)
- Summary of Mifumi project meeting 11-1-07 (PDF)
- Mifumi-COBES Project Draft 4 (PDF)
- Mifumi follow-up draft proposal (DOC)
MedlinePlus for Africa
- Fulbright Scholar Program Final Report Supplement
- Fulbright Scholar Program Interim Report
- June 8 letter to Deputy Vice Chancellor re apartment improvements and security measures (DOC)
- May 11 progress letter to Dean Sewankambo (DOC)
- eHMIS Research Proposal, March 2008 (DOC)
- Update to Dean Sewankambo, February 2008
- Minutes of Health Team Meeting, January 26, 2008
- Letter to Roger Glass re Fogarty Center Strategic Plan
- Health Informatics Center for Research and Outreach: Encouraging innovation and entrepreneurship in health (DOC)
- Update to Dean Sewankambo, September 2007